Sunday, November 20, 2016

IPods and GPS


GPS and IPods



            The URL for GPS is www.gps.gov. The reason why I selected GPS is because I know little about this system. GPS is the acronym for Global positioning system. This system is used to locate places and positions on the Earth. GPS does not require the internet to be used. The United States maintains GPS through global satellites. Two ways I have thought about implementing GPS in the classroom setting include Facebook and games. Facebook can be used as a login to document students’ positions during field trips related to medicine and nursing. For instance, students that visit colleges, museums, or clinical settings can document their locations on Facebook with a brief synopsis of their day in that environment. Secondly, a GPS game can be created through Prezi, that helps the students identify pulse site locations of the body.

            Ipods can also be used to identify pulse sites. IPods can be used by recording verbal information and pictures identifying pulse sites. For example, I can record information on the radial pulse and the students can download that information from the school’s google accounts. Also, pictures can be saved on IPods identifying the location of the pulse sites. IPods are storage devices for multimedia. I choose the IPods because they will help students keep a collection of resources on pulse sites. The URL for IPods are www.apple.com/ipod.









Reference

Website: Retrieved from www.gps.gov

Website: Retrieved form www.apple.com/ipod

2 comments:

  1. Hello Shawatha, you got my attention by implementing GPS in the classroom setting to include Facebook and games. My GPS knowledge is limited. I only used it to find streets, motels, and restaurants when traveling. My son who is in the U.S. Army enlighten me about the GPS. He said this is a free accessible system created by the U.S. government. If you have a GPS receiver, anyone can use the GPS for navigation purposes. Of course, smart phones, Ipads, tablets, and vehicle have made good use of the GPS receiver. Although this is a free accessible system, if the government suspect fowl play they can investigate and disrupt your services. I think GPS has kept a lot of people from getting lost and making their trips in a timely manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawatha,
    I have never really thought about using GPS as an educational tool. You have opened my eyes to many ways that it can be utilized. Creating a GPS game sounds really fun and interesting. This is something that would really be beneficial for many courses. I will have to do some more research. Thank you for sharing.
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete