Thursday, November 3, 2016

Flickr and Youtube


 Two multimedia resources I investigated are Flickr and YouTube. The URL for Flickr is https://www.flickr.com/  . The URL for YouTube is https://www.youtube.com/. Flickr is a collection of pictures posted that can be narrated by sound. I am teaching students about common pulse sites. I could have picture of a body with bullets identifying common pulse sites. Once the students click the bullets they could display pertinent information about that pulse site.

            I could use YouTube to display how to locate and listen for the apical heart rate. I could record myself demonstrating this skill and share the video on YouTube. YouTube is a social media resource that can be uses videos and allows participants to share their ideas.



Reference

Richardson, W. (2010). Blogs, wikis, podcasts, and other powerful web tools for classrooms

 (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.101-129.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shawatha! I've used Youtube in my classes and I love it! However, I personally have not uploaded a video to Youtube for my students to view. I only use it to find and share videos that pertains to my lesson topic. I know that some instructors require students to upload videos they made to Youtube to demonstrate understanding. I haven't tried this either. I have a lot of shy students in my classroom. I'm not sure if they would participate in uploading personal videos. I do create a lot of "how to" videos for my students. I normally embed the video in my Moodle classes. I can just upload my videos to Youtube and not embed the mp4 file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shawatha,
    Great use of social media technology to enhance your course. YouTube and Flickr would be a great combination to use for this type of course. Having the interactive pulse sites to click on reinforces the location and additional information. You Tube vidoes could be used in any course when demonstration is needed. It is great that students can really visualize the information. Great work!
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete